Digital Asset Management (DAM) platform has been around for many years and serves as a central repository for Brands and Marketers to store their brand and marketing assets such as stock images, brand guidelines, videos, and working files (PSD, AI). It allows access to different marketing teams and external partners such as creative agencies for campaign activation.
It has been a great platform that enables creative assets to be reused and repurposed across different lines of business marketing teams. The Digital Asset Management platform also provides the required brand guidance for these extended teams to adhere to.
Gaps of Digital Asset Management (DAM)
However, the marketing landscape has changed since the invention of the DAM platform. New channels such as social, videos and programmatic display each with different asset requirements (aspect ratio, file size etc) have emerged and the requirements for time-to-market are getting shorter. Real-time campaign activation has become a norm as consumer attention spans are getting shorter, and marketing promotions becoming more frequent. Agility and creativity are crucial to facilitate these activations with cut-through creative elements and offers.
In addition, the production of creative assets with local promotions and offers still requires local agencies to adapt or re-design the assets to meet local needs. This procedure exponentially increases the production cost. Marketers have for years been used to such localization production costs, without realizing that there are better ways to streamline the global and local creative adaptation process.
So what's the missing link?
What brands need is a Creative Managment Platform (CMP)
The Creative Management Platform (CMP) sits between DAM tools and Media Platforms, allowing assets stored in DAM to be ready to be used across different channels, without the need of reworking creative assets nor the involvement of local agencies to repurpose those assets, every time a campaign is activated.
What is a Creative Management Platform?
Simply put, the Creative Management Platform (CMP) is a cloud-based tool that creates, distributes and measures banner ads at scale on a dynamic creative optimization platform. It also enables marketers to produce large sets of programmatic display ads formats across different sizes within a short amount of time using automation. A Creative Management Platform is an effective dynamic advertising solution that enables the cost-efficient development of localized creatives by using ready-made templates.
Advantages of using the Creative Managment Platform
- Build Once - Run Many - Templates are built and uploaded to the Creative Management Platform, which can be reused for different campaigns by simply swapping images and text to feature the latest promotions. Creative Management Platform also allows templates to scale into different aspect ratio/sizes that are acceptable across different channels or media-buying platforms. In this case, tremendous cost and resource savings are realized as the local agencies are no longer required to re-design the assets.
- Shorten Time to Market - Creative Management Platform employs the dynamic creative optimization platform to assemble and deploy creatives quickly. Any changes in promotion messaging, and images can be made immediately in the Creative Management Platform and republished across different channels, without the need of reworking creative assets, i.e., no more rework-finalv5.psd.
- Brand Governance - Many a time when using DAM, local teams will still be downloading the assets and repurposing them offline. There is no governance process or visibility that allows the global teams to monitor what local teams have produced. However, with Creative Management Platform, templates are built once and creative elements are "locked in" at the global level so that any local team can only make changes to those dynamic elements to suit their local needs.
- Performance and usage monitoring - With Creative Management Platform, the global team is also able to monitor the usage of various templates: the number of campaigns created at the local level, and more importantly the performance of different creatives such as engagements, click through and even Brand-Lift.
- Creative Personalisation - With the capacity to generate dynamic creative ads using templates, different variants can be easily set up, targeting different audiences.
In summary, the Creative Management Platform bridges the gap between the DAM platform and campaign activation. It is a dynamic advertising solution that provides tremendous cost-saving, time-saving and creative governance for branding teams and marketers.
In the meantime, check out the case study on how Adzymic has streamlined Income Insurance's creative process and helped them produce personalized display advertising for all micro-segment groupings in a time- and cost-efficient way.